TADHAMUN تـضـامـن

Tadhamun (solidarity) is an Iraqi women organization, standing by Iraqi women's struggle against sectarian politics in Iraq. Fighting for equal citizenship across ethnicities and religions, for human rights, and gender equality.

جمعية تضامن تدعم المساواة في المواطنة بغض النظر عن الأنتماء الأثني أو الديني وتسعى من أجل العدالة الأجتماعية و حماية حقوق الأنسان في العراق
Petition sign and circulate:

Release Iraqi women hostages, victims of terrorism themselves

بعيدا عن الوطن؛ حراك التضامن مع الوطن فنا، شعرا وكتابةً
Away from Home; Memory, Art and women solidarity: you are invited to an evening of poetry and music 22/3/2017 18:30 at P21 Gallery London click here for more details
___________________
Public meeting at The Bolivar Hall, London Sat.14/5/2016 at 15:00 IDPs : Fragmentation of Cultural and National Identity



-------------------------------------------

Protest the suffering of Iraqi Christians: No to terrorism No to state terrorism.Hands off our minorities. Hands off our people. Shame on the human rights violators on all sides. Assemble 11:30 on 28/7/14 near Parliament Square, near Westminister tube station London. For more past events click here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Useful links






Halt All Executions! Abolish The Death Penalty!

We women of Tadhamun condemn the persisting practice of arbitrary arrests by the Iraqi security forces. We condemn their arrests of women in lieu of their men folk. These are 'inherited' practices. We are alarmed by credible media reports of the Green Zone government’s intentions of executing hundreds of Iraqi men and women.


For more info click here
--------------------------------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------
Professor Zaineb Al Bahrani of Columbia University NY speaking at a our meeting on the destruction/damage to historical sites in Iraq

On youtube: Part1
Part 3
Part4
One more video:



Human Rights Watch: No woman is Safe

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Court hears Iraq torture claims

BBC
Page last updated at 14:56 GMT, Wednesday, 22 April 2009 15:56 UK
Claims that British troops tortured and killed civilian detainees in Iraq are being heard at the High Court.
A group of Iraqis wants the court to order a public inquiry into allegations that soldiers killed up to 20 captives.
Some of them, who were detained at the camp, say they were punched, thrown violently against a wall, hit by guards and denied water during interrogation.
The government says the 20 were killed during a gun battle and that military police have investigated the claims.
Defence Secretary John Hutton is opposing the application for judicial review, which is expected to last 15 days.
The case arose out of events which took place during the British occupation of south-eastern Iraq.
Iraqi civilians were detained following the "battle of Danny Boy", a fire fight between UK soldiers and Iraqi insurgents near the town of Majar-al-Kabir in Maysan Province in May 2004.
Rabinder Singh QC, appearing for the six Iraqis, told the court running battles at a number of locations around Danny Boy - a vehicle checkpoint - were triggered when soldiers were ambushed.
It is the Ministry of Defence (MoD) case that nine Iraqis were taken from the battlefield to Camp Abu Naji, a nearby British base, and all left the base alive, the court heard.
Mr Singh said the MoD had stated that the bodies of 20 dead insurgents were also taken to the camp to see if any could be identified as being among the persons suspected of earlier murdering six British soldiers.
It would be unusual and against normal practice for dead bodies to be taken from a battlefield and it still remained unclear who had given the order, he said.
He claimed evidence existed to support accusations by the group of six Iraqis that other detainees had been taken live to the camp, tortured and killed.
'Tactical questioning'
Mr Singh said the applicants believed teenage civilian Hamid Al-Sweady had been taken alive to Camp Abu Naji after being caught up in the firefight but that his was one of the bodies returned the day after the battle.
His uncle is among the six applicants.
The others - five survivors of the gun battle who were detained in the camp - had been regarded as enemy combatants and were subjected to "tactical questioning", said Mr Singh.
This was a process the British Army used at the time to "continue the shock of capture" and the five have reported various forms of ill-treatment, including hitting and being banged against walls while being taken to and from interrogation.
Mr Singh said: "Even on the [Defence Secretary's] own account, they were using methods of interrogation that at the least constitute arguable breaches of Article 3 (banning inhuman and degrading treatment) of the European Convention on Human Rights."
An interrogator had referred to using a rusty metal tent pole, about a foot long, to "bang on the table" during interrogations, the court heard.
'White noise'
Mr Singh told the court: "My clients say they were hit on numerous occasions, including with the tent pole."
This accusation was denied, he said.
Mr Singh said there was also evidence of suspects being subjected to the loud, disorientating sounds of "white noise" and being forced to strip naked in front of about 10 people, including a woman interpreter.
The Royal Military Police inquiry rejected the allegations of murder, torture and mutilation.
However, the Iraqi applicants say medical evidence shows that bodies returned to families had marks of torture and mutilation, including close-range bullet wounds, the removal of eyes as well as stab wounds.
Their lawyers are asking the court to declare there was a series of breaches of the human rights convention, including Articles 2, 3 and 5 which protect the right to life and the right not to be tortured, and also the right to liberty.


محيط: وجهت محكمة بريطانية عليا الأربعاء تهمة استخدام أساليب استجواب فيها خرق واضح لقوانين حقوق الإنسان للقوات المسلحة البريطانية في تحقيقها مع المدنيين المحتجزين لديها في العراق.
ووفقا لما أوردته وكالة الأنباء الكويتية "كونا" ، طالب ستة مدنيين عراقيين المحكمة بأن تأمر بإجراء تحقيق عام ومستقل في الإدعاءات التي قدمت حول قتل الجنود البريطانيين لـ20 أسيرا اعتقلوا عقب معركة بالأسلحة النارية جرت في جنوب العراق في عام 2004.
وقدم المدعون الستة للمحكمة أدلة طبية يقولون أنها تؤيد إدعاءاتهم بأن الأسرى قد تعرضوا للتعذيب والقتل والتشويه.
وأكد خمسة من الستة الذين طالبوا بفتح التحقيق أنهم قد تعرضوا لمعاملة سيئة من قبل القوات البريطانية التي اعتقلتهم بعد المعركة مشيرين إلى أنهم تعرضوا للكم وهددوا بإستعمال العنف ودفعوا بطريقة عنيفة تجاه الحائط كما تم إيقاظهم بالضرب إذا غلبهم النوم إلى جانب طرق أخرى من سوء المعاملة ، وذكروا أنهم سمعوا أصوات أشخاص آخرين يتعرضون للتعذيب.
ومن جانبه ، أعرب وزير الدفاع البريطاني جون هاتون معارضته لطلب المراجعة القضائية ، فيما قال محامو وزارة الدفاع البريطانية: "إن الـ20 شخصا الذين لقوا مصرعهم قد قتلوا أثناء الإشتباكات وهناك تحقيقا مستقلا قد أجري في الموضوع من قبل الشرطة العسكرية الملكية".
ويستمر النظر في القضية لمدة 15 يوما على أن تصدر المحكمة العليا قرارها بشأن الإدعاءات المقدمة من المدنيين العراقيين
.تاريخ التحديث :- توقيت جرينتش : الأربعاء , 22 - 4 - 2009 الساعة : 4:15 مساءً

Disclaimer

Articles published on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinion of WSIUI or its members


المقالات المنشورة على هذا الموقع لا تعكس بالضرورة آراء منظمتنا أو أعضاء منظمتنا


Samarra Minrate built in 852 AD

Samarra Minrate built in 852 AD
Building of 1 500 massive police station !
From the angle of the photo, it is possible to calculate that the complex is being built at E 396388 N 3785995 (UTM Zone 38 North) or Lat. 34.209760° Long. 43.875325°, to the west of the Malwiya (Spiral Minaret), and behind the Spiral Cafe.
While the point itself may not have more than Abbasid houses under the ground, it is adjacent to the palace of Sur Isa, the remains of which can be seen in the photo. While the initial construction might or might not touch the palace, accompanying activities will certainly spread over it.Sur Isa can be identified with the palace of al-Burj, built by the
Abbasid Caliph al-Mutawakkil, probably in 852-3 (Northedge, Historical Topography of Samarra, pp 125-127, 240). The palace is said to have cost 33 million dirhams, and was luxurious. Details are given by al-Shabushti, Kitab al-Diyarat.
Samarra was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO at the end of June. The barracks could easily have been built elsewhere, off the archaeological site.--
Alastair Northedge Professeur d'Art et d'Archeologie Islamiques UFR d'Art et d'Archeologie
Universite de Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) 3, rue Michelet, 75006 Paris
tel. 01 53 73 71 08 telecopie : 01 53 73 71 13 Email :
Alastair.Northedge@univ-paris1.fr ou anorthedge@wanadoo.fr